Friday, July 13, 2007

Week 6 - The Worst One Yet

I have really lost my enthusiasm this week. All three Things, 13, 14 & 15, struck me as just a big waste of time. If all I had to do in my day was play on the computer, poking around into other people's thoughts through their blogs, sure - these would be great tools. All three Things this week reminded me of Reality TV - another one of my pet peeves. Do people really have such boring lives that they have to entertain themselves by interacting with other people at this level? How sad. Give me a real conversation with a real person sitting in front of me. Give me a good book. Give me breathing space to quietly daydream. Give me a break. The one Thing I learned anything from was #15 and the information on Library 2.0. Wish I'd had that at Week 1.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I became a Negative Nancy this week also!!! I think some of last week and almost all of this week was a bit repetitive and uninteresting.
Thing 15 did motivate me a little bit more to get back into the groove. It is nice to know that we are learning things that are important now.

You know what you should do to get back into it...PLAY. Make your avatar in Meez. It is so much fun!

Jennifer Ranck said...

I felt similar too, but then I tried to think about how del.icio.us could help on the reference desk by making it easier to track those really useful websites. Still, it's not as much fun as Flickr :-) !!

BrambleRose said...

I"m glad I"m not the only one who found Week 6 repetitive and unnecessarily cluttered feeling! I feel very negatively about it too, and am trying to focus on the positives, but it's not easy. I AM also enjoying learning about the concepts of Web 2.0 and Library 2.0, though.